Monday, June 1, 2009

The Start of Garden '09

My 2009 Vegetable Garden.
See the Arbor?
These are the steps Rob made for me, a little easier to go up and down the hill to the garden. I planted ground cover around the stones.
A volunteer from last year. Yes, alot of rocks too.
Onions
Cucumbers, pickling and eating.
Zucchini


Egg Plant and my NEW compost bin. I had some problems with bugs. I sprayed, hopefully it worked. In the back ground is a bag of shredded paper for the compost.

Sweet Peas, with some of my shredded paper.

This is a new one for me. Broccoli. We eat it! We'll see what happens.
Peppers here. Green, Red and jalapeno
Spinach here. yum we fight over this stuff.

Cherry and Beef Steak tomatoes .
Radishes and Asparagus.
Tasty Strawberry. These ar so good! They all don't make it up to the kitchen . heheheh
See the red ones!
They call this one Winter Onions, they grow year after year. The bulbs are like little bulbs. I do have to thi this out.

This is another story.......

2 comments:

Tania said...

Looks like you will have a great harvest this year. Would love to hear this other story....

The Ewings said...

I am so jealous. I have no green thumb. My flower garden is full of grass!!