Monday, October 6, 2008

Fabric Swap

Tania sent this web site of a fabric swap. Sounds like fun. Try it out, I am. Thanks Tania.

http://chickpeastudio.typepad.com/chickpea_sewing_studio/2008/10/spare-change-rules-of-the-game.html?cid=133648085#comments
Spare Change: rules of the game.
Let the swap begin!
I have been thinking it up all night ( Having a cold + Baby has a cold = time to mull things over).
This is what I came up with:
General rules:
Each participant will be sending me the equivalent of 1/2 yard of fabric, or 24 squares. The fabric can be pre-cut in 5"x5" squares, of different prints or be all the same print. Since I will be dividing it amounsgt everybody we shouldn't get much duplicates in the end.
You will be sending a self adressed enveloppe for the squares with about three or four regular 42 cents stamps. I will cover the difference if need be and the international shipping because I can't come up with a better plan.
I ask everybody to send only the kind of fabric they would love to receive, nothing from chain stores please. When you think about it 1/2 yard of good stuff costs barely more than five bucks. So be choosy with your selection and everybody will have a yummy set of squares to work with in the end.
The deadline to enter is October 15th, 2008. I hope we get a good turn out! I will be sending everybody my address through an email after that date.

1 comment:

Tania said...

This does look like fun. I wish I would have enough time to participate myself but I am so far behind on all my projects I don't dare start a new one. I cannot wait to see what you get and what you make with it.