Wednesday, July 20, 2011

June and July Banner

I know I'm a little late posting this, no excuse.

Lazy to take photos and post.

My watermelon is a little crooked, but I like the red strips that made it up.
"The ant that got a piece!"
LOL
My husband helped me cut the ants out.
So he thinks this is the best banner of them all.
I just ironed the seeds on, no stitching. I thought that would have been way to much. I think I made a good choice.

It's a little quirky but I like it!

I realized I never showed you the backs of my banners. I thought they're banners no one will see the back as a quilt. I started using old sheets. Not vintage sheets.
( I collect them)

My loops are made from scraps. I'm happy with them.

July Banner------
I was not fond of the July Banner in the book. But I remembered I had this Blue Star Banner, and thought this would be perfect for the door.


I used different white strips for the backing.


I'm happy with the outcome.

I'm now working on the August Banner, I'm hoping to be done by the end of the month.

I have a few more months and I'm done with this project.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I love your watermelon banner! So clever.