Friday, February 26, 2010

My NEW Favorite Cook Book

I usually don't brag about cook books. But this one I'm really getting into. I haven't had anything bad .
Cook This-Not That!
They have matrix, pasta, crock-pot, skewer, salad dressing and wok. What this is for example; the pasta matrix. Choose your noodle-choose your protein and vegetable-choose your flavor builder-choose your sauce. They give you options and ideas on which to choose.
We tried the Chicken Fajitas, easy and yummy. Also, "Artichoke Dip" (compared to Chili's Hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip-1,040 calories compared to 270 calories)

Also the tortilla Soup, if you don't like it hot don't add so much chipolata peppers.
"The Cobbler", (Panera Bread Sierra Turkey on Asiago Cheese Bread"((yum)), 970 calories compared to 480)

I made these with and without bacon, for Jennifer she loves potatoes. As you can see the photos look good (I need photos in my recipes).
Loaded Pizza (Pizza Hut Supreme Pan Pizza 800 calories compared to 300)

Cook This Not That!
There is a few different books on this. But this book picks out different restaurants and the meal, comparing the cost and calories. They have different sections on Breakfast, Appetizers and Small Bites, Soup and Salads, Sandwiches and Burgers, Off the Grill, Pasta, American Classics, Ethnic Dishes, Sides, Snacks and Sauces, Desserts and Drinks.
As I said I have not anything I didn't like (or the family). The book is small enough I bring it to the store to shop.
This book is tasty and quick!!
I hope you enjoy as much as we have.





2 comments:

Tania said...

Love, love , love it! I will have to check this one out!

Matthew L. said...

Mmmm those potatoes looked real good