Thursday, June 26, 2008

Past Quilt Project

This is hanging in our Craft Room/Rob's Office (aka:Get Away Room) I did this one last winter. I found the pattern in a magazine, and fell in love with it. I had no idea it would be so BIG! Actually there was more to this pattern, and had to take some of it away to fit the wall I wanted it to go on.
My first time doing applique. I thought I did pretty good! I made this hanging out of all the scraps I had. Didn't have to buy anything extra. YES! I know I have to much of a variety of fabric.
It is a Americana theme downstairs. This is Rob's place. He can hang and display all his Army deco, awards , pictures, coins and everything after 20 years of the Army. And it's all in one place. So I thought in the other room I carry out the theme. I just love the way it turned out. So as you walk downstairs, go around the corner and this is what you see. Love it!

1 comment:

Tania said...

I LOVE it! Wow- that really turned out so nice. You do great work.