Saturday, June 16, 2012

Our Fire Place!

I walked in the house to drop off some items, I turn around and there she is.
Beautiful!

The mantel Rob  found in a heap of a pile of wood behind an antique store.

We asked the lady inside and she said the owner wouldn't part with any of that wood.  I told Rob don't worry about it, I'll take care of it.

I went in on a Monday and asked the owner about it. She said it's from her log home. She said $15, and I said SOLD!

The stone is from a lady at where I work, she had left overs from her house she built, we bought it. Also, the odd shape ones are from our chimney we redid at the old house.

The top and the bottom landing are flag stone we got for nothing.

We love it!

We have the hand rails also. Every body was surprised when I said I wanted to stain the rails. They thought I would want white. ha ha!
Surprise!


We changed the color of the dining room to the darker brown like the fire place wall. We like it so much better.
What do you think?

From the front door, looking back.

Railings are up!
It will be one step up on the porch and then another one from the porch to the house.

This is almost what we wanted. Wait until you see the shutters and the door.
I'm ready to move in!

1 comment:

Tania said...

It looks so beautiful!