Thursday, May 14, 2009

Yo-Yo Quilt

I'm still working on my yo-yo quilt. But I'm almost finished. It's taking a bit of time since the
yo-yos are hand stitched on the muslim. As you can see I drew circles on the muslum, so I knew where to place them. The outer circle will be where I'll be quilting. I haven't decided if I want to hand quilt or take a stab at the sewing machine, we'll see when the time comes.
I found this idea on this site.
I thought it was different and it would last longer, as a quilt.
I don't know what I'll use it for, but I enjoyed making it. It was relaxing. Even when my foot had to be up for 2 weeks!
The problem I'm having right now is, I have 13 rows one way and 14 the other way. Should I leave as be or make it both 13 rows? ( I have no more fabric for more yo-yos to continue sewing) I do have a little more fabric, I wanted to use it for the border.
hmmm......what shall I do?




2 comments:

Tania said...

Let me send more fabric. You can always add more! That looks like it would be beautiful on a bed. So colorful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! But it is Muslin.....Muslim is a religion .....muslin is fabric.......